We have found the replacement part for the Air EAS Compressors in the Range Rovers ( P38 P38a and Classic ). Besides rebuilding these compressors with a new SEAL and/or Alloy Cylinder (see our other auctions), you can also bring live back to a defect compressor with this Thermal Switch.
How do I know if the switch is faulty?? Please check all combinations on your EAS Pump with a ohm-meter (multi-meter). There must be a read-out on áll connections!! If not: your Thermal Switch must be replaced.
When you do not replace a faulty airbag in your Range Rover quick enough you have a chance that your pump runs hot. In certain cases it happens that your pump has ran so hot that you have cracked the Thermal Switch. When this happens your pump will be useless…. unless you replace the Thermal Switch.
This Thermal Switch operates easily. Normally it functions as a closed circuit but when your EAS Compressor runs too hot it will switch off at about 110°C (+/- 5°C). When the pump-temperature goes down again and comes near the 80°C it will allow the pump to run again.
- SWITCH, THERMAL, N/C, 110°C
- Approval Bodies:UL, CSA
- Current, contact max:1A
- Depth, external:4.6mm
- Length / Height, external:30mm
- Temperature, differential:6°C
- Width, external:10.2mm
- Diameter, fixing hole:3.6mm
- Material, contact:Gold plated Silver cross bar
- Switch function type:Normally Closed
- Temperature, opening:110°C
- Temperature, re-closing:80°C
- Temperature, tolerance:5°C
- Voltage, contact AC max:120V
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org when you need more info.